Personalized Action Plans
Depending on your needs, we can help:
- Locate clinical trials that may provide access to leading-edge treatments
- Identify and access promising off-label treatments
- Find and access treatments that are available through expanded access or compassionate use
- Identify molecular diagnostic testing to guide treatment
- Explain treatments and tests in plain language
- Make sense of multiple treatment recommendations
- Keep you updated on the latest developments in cancer research
Our goal is to equip you with a personalized plan of action to help you and your medical team make your best-possible treatment decisions.
The Cancer Commons Difference
- We spend time with you to make a plan and offer continuous guidance throughout your cancer experience.
- We cut across institutions and disciplines to help you.
- Our virtual approach enables us to reach anyone in the U.S. with internet access.
- We have learned from the thousands of advanced cancer patients who came before you, and your experience will help many more.
- We know time is of the essence. Help starts at registration.
Registering with Cancer Commons
When you complete registration, you will be contacted by our navigation team. Depending on your needs, we will pair you with one of our PhD scientists, who will investigate your treatment and testing options, according to the latest evidence-based scientific advancements.
We will provide you with an easy-to-understand report of options and their rationales that you can discuss with your oncologist. Final decisions regarding tests and treatments are always up to you and your medical team. If necessary, we will help facilitate access to your desired tests and treatments.
After you register and receive our customary services, we offer a range of Enhanced Services. These include our Expanded Options & Navigation program, which provides additional treatment options, detailed discussion and explanation of potential treatments, and assistance with obtaining further testing. We also offer expert Clinical Trials & Expanded Access Assistance. With this service, based on client/caregiver priorities and goals, our team will manage the trial/treatment options list, communicate and coordinate with trial sites, and assist with the application process.
For ongoing support, our Cancer Commons Plus subscription program ensures that our team will continue to check in with you for as long as you need us. With Cancer Commons Plus, you don’t have to remember to contact us. We reach out to you on a regular basis (monthly or quarterly) to ask how you are doing and how we can assist, address your questions and concerns, discuss developments with your treatment, and help you plan ahead.
For more information, please first register for our complimentary services, and speak with a member of your Cancer Commons team. Financial assistance will be available for qualifying patients.
Personal Tumor Boards
If you have brain or pancreatic cancer, and if appropriate for you, we can present your case to national experts in a virtual tumor board—a group of world-class oncologists, researchers, and other professionals dedicated to collectively evaluating your specific case.
You will receive a report of their conclusions on treatment options, as well as their reasoning, which you can use to further inform your decisions.
To determine if you qualify, please register first and discuss your needs and treatment goals with our nurse navigator.