Personalized Action Plans
Depending on your needs, we will pair you with one of our PhD scientists, who will:
- Identify molecular diagnostic testing to guide treatment
- Explain treatments and tests in plain language
- Make sense of multiple treatment recommendations
- Locate clinical trials that may provide access to leading-edge treatments
- Identify and promising off-label treatments
- Find and access treatments that are available through expanded access or compassionate use
Our goal is to equip you with a personalized plan of action to help you and your medical team make your best-possible treatment decisions.
The Cancer Commons Difference
- We spend time with you to make a plan and offer continuous guidance throughout your cancer experience.
- We cut across institutions and disciplines to help you.
- Our virtual approach enables us to reach anyone in the U.S. with internet access.
- We have learned from the thousands of advanced cancer patients who came before you, and your experience will help many more.
- We know time is of the essence. Help starts at registration.
Wife of a cancer patient
Our Complimentary Services
When you complete registration, you will be contacted by our navigation team. Depending on your needs, we will pair you with one of our PhD scientists, who will investigate your treatment and testing options, according to the latest evidence-based scientific advancements.
We will provide you with treatment options and their rationales that you can discuss with your oncologist. Final decisions regarding tests and treatments are always up to you and your medical team.
Our Enhanced Services
After you register and receive our complimentary services, we offer a range of fee-based services.
Our Cancer Commons Plus subscription ensures that our team will continue to check in with you for as long as you need us. When you subscribe, you don’t have to remember to contact us. We will reach out to you on a monthly basis to ask how you are doing and how we can assist, address your questions and concerns, discuss developments with your treatment, and help you plan ahead.
We offer expert Clinical Trials Access Assistance. Based on client/caregiver priorities and goals, our team can reach out to up to 8 clinical trials site(s) on your behalf, send medical records as needed, assist with the application process, and provide ongoing follow up until a decision is made on qualification status and enrollment.
Additional consultation with your PhD scientist may be available (at an hourly rate).
For more information, please first register for our complimentary services, and speak with a member of your Cancer Commons team. Financial assistance will be available for qualifying patients.
Personal Tumor Boards
If you have brain or pancreatic cancer, and if appropriate for you, we can present your case to national experts in a virtual tumor board—a group of world-class oncologists, researchers, and other professionals dedicated to collectively evaluating your specific case.
You will receive a report of their conclusions on treatment options, as well as their reasoning, which you can use to further inform your decisions.
To determine if you qualify, please register first and discuss your needs and treatment goals with our nurse navigator.